Using courgette in this tasty tea bread makes it wonderfully moist.
Courgette, mint and sultana tea bread
Butter, for greasing and serving
3 essential Waitrose Original
Blend Tea Bags
115g light brown muscovado sugar
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
100g bran flakes cereal
1 courgette, about 125g, coarsely grated
100g Waitrose Spelt Flour
½ tsp baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Grease and line the base and sides of a small loaf tin with a capacity of 750ml.
2. Put the tea bags in a large mixing bowl with 200ml boiling water and leave for 5 minutes. Squeeze out and discard the tea bags.
3. Add the sultanas, sugar, mint and cereal to the bowl and stir to mix. Leave to stand for 15 minutes until the cereal is soft.
4. Stir in the courgette, flour and baking powder and transfer to the tin. Bake for about 50–60 minutes or until firm to the touch and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve sliced, with butter.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes, plus standing
- Cooking time: 50 minutes to 60 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 20 ratings
This recipe was first published in Tue May 05 16:40:00 BST 2015.