This creamy pasta dish is satisfyingly simple to make… and eat. It’s a great midweek supper for two, or you can double the quantities to serve four.
Creamy pasta with spring greens
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
150g dried tagliatelle
2 rashers smoked streaky bacon, cut into 1cm wide strips
100g finely shredded spring greens or Savoy cabbage
90g bag Waitrose Popped Garden Peas
75g Philadelphia Light with Garlic & Herbs
2 salad onions, thinly sliced
2 tsp finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano
1. Cook the tagliatelle in a large pan of boiling water for 6 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a small, non-stick frying pan for 5 minutes until crisp and golden.
3. Add the greens and peas to the pasta pan and cook for a further 3 minutes until the vegetables and pasta are tender. Reserve a ladleful of the cooking water, then drain the pasta and vegetables and return to the pan.
4. Stir in the crispy bacon, soft cheese and salad onions, stirring until the cheese melts, and adding a splash of the reserved water to loosen the mixture if necessary. Divide between two bowls and serve with a sprinkling of Parmigiano Reggiano.