1. Place the mincemeat ingredients into a saucepan and stir. Simmer for about 30 minutes, until the apples are soft.
2. Meanwhile, make the crust. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4 Place all the remaining ingredients together in a food processer with 4 tbsp water and blend for a minute or so until everything has mixed together and the dates are totally broken down.
3. Sprinkle gluten-free flour over your surface and roll the mix out until it’s about ½ cm thick.
4. Grease a 12-hole muffin tin with coconut oil and then mould the mix into the holes using a 10cm cutter. Place the tray of crusts in the oven for 8 minutes, until they start to turn golden brown.
5. Cut the remaining mixture into star shapes.
6. Remove the crusts from the oven. Spoon 2 heaped tsp mincemeat into each crust and place a star on top. Return to the oven and bake for another 8 minutes.
7. Remove the pies from the oven and leave to cool for 20 minutes.