Save to your scrapbook
Deliciously Ella’s Sweet potato & chickpea stew
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
2 large sweet potatoes, cut into small chunks
4 tbsp tomato purée
4 tbsp cider vinegar
4 cloves garlic, chopped
4 tsp turmeric
4 tsp cumin
2 tsp cayenne pepper
400ml can coconut milk
2 400g cans chopped tomatoes
2 medium (or 3 small) aubergines, chopped into bite-size pieces
400g can chick peas, drained
260g bag spinach
28g pack fresh coriander, finely chopped
600g brown rice, cooked, to serve
1. Steam the sweet potato for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, put the tomato purée, vinegar, garlic, spices and seasoning in a large saucepan with some olive oil, and heat for a minute or two until bubbling.
3. Add the coconut milk, tomatoes, aubergine and sweet potato. Allow to come to the boil, then simmer for about 45 minutes.
4. Add the drained chick peas and spinach and cook for another 10 minutes.
5. When ready to eat, sprinkle with coriander and serve with brown rice.
Recipe taken from Deliciously Ella: Awesome Ingredients, Incredible Food That You And Your Body Will Love by Ella Woodward. Yellow Kite, 2015.