Keep a stash of these in the fridge for when you get a snack attack. They’re great for taking to work or for after dinner instead of a rich pudding. Children will love them too.
Easy chocolate bites with date & coconut
90g pack Waitrose Coconut Chunks
75g Cashew Nuts
165g pack Pitted Medjool Dates
1 tbsp maple syrup
50g dark chocolate, minimum 85% cocoa
2 tsp coconut oil or butter
Pinch sea salt, optional
1. Place the coconut and cashew nuts in a food processor and whizz until finely chopped. Add the dates and maple syrup, and whizz to make a coarse paste.
2. Spread the mixture out on a sheet of baking parchment and, using a small palette knife, shape into a 15cm square with a thickness of about 1.5cm. Place in the fridge.
3. Melt the chocolate and coconut oil or butter together in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Once melted, spread over the date mixture, sprinkle with sea salt (if using) and return to the fridge until set. Cut into 25 small pieces and store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
To easily cut up the bites, remove the set mixture from the fridge and allow to come to room temperature. Then dip the knife in hot water so it cuts through the chocolate neatly.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes + setting time
- Cooking time: No cooking required
- Total time: 15 minutes + setting time
Typical values per serving:
per bite, including sea salt
Average user rating Based on 44 ratings
This recipe was first published in Fri Mar 18 11:03:00 GMT 2016.