If you’re looking for how to make homemade cranberry sauce to accompany your turkey centrepiece, try this easy recipe. It's as simple as heating cranberries, orange juice, sugar and port together in a pan, and only takes 25 minutes to make.
How to make cranberry sauce
- 250g pack fresh cranberries
- Juice and finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 100g light brown muscovado sugar
- 3-4 tbsp port
- Place the cranberries and the juice and zest of the orange into a small pan with 150ml cold water to cover. Bring to the boil, then simmer gently for 10 minutes until the cranberries have softened and started to burst.
- Add the sugar and port, and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Simmer for a further 5-7 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Transfer the sauce to a small bowl and serve warm or cold.
Cook's tip: perfect for Christmas
Get ahead: make the sauce up to a week in advance, cool and keep it in the fridge, or store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Defrost thoroughly before use.
For more Christmas ideas and recipes, visit our Christmas recipe hub >
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 5 ratings
This recipe was first published in Thu Dec 08 10:15:00 GMT 2016.