This lightly spiced Creole-style rice dish is cooked in one pan and is ready in just 30 minutes, making it a perfect midweek meal for the whole family.
Easy Jambalaya with Chipolatas and Chorizo
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
Serves: Serves 6 children
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ x 110g pack Revilla Chorizo de Pueblo, skin removed and sliced
- 340g pack Waitrose 12 Organic Free Range Pork Chipolatas
- 225g Waitrose Easy Cook Long Grain Rice
- 400g can Waitrose Chopped Tomatoes with Chopped Herbs
- 450ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 red and 1 green pepper, deseeded and cubed
- 1 bunch salad onions, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the chorizo for 2-3 minutes, until the paprika oil is released. Add the chipolatas and cook for 3-4 minutes until lightly browned on all sides. Tip in the rice and stir until coated in the oil.
- Add the tomatoes and stock then cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the peppers and salad onions, reserving some chopped onion. Cover and cook for a further 10 minutes until the rice is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed. Serve garnished with the reserved onion.