'After a big lunch, the last thing I want is a heavy pud laced with brandy. So I prefer to make individual puddings, flavoured with chocolate instead of brandy. The best thing is, they can be whipped up in minutes.' Edd Kimber
Edd Kimber's mini chocolate Christmas puddings recipe | Waitrose
60g unsalted butter, very soft, plus extra for greasing
50g soft prunes, roughly chopped
60g light brown soft sugar
1 tbsp black treacle
2 large eggs
60g self-raising flour
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp mixed spice
1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
Large pinch freshly grated nutmeg
For the chocolate sauce:
150ml whipping cream
75g dark chocolate
(60-70 per cent cocoa), roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Grease 4 dariole or pudding moulds (about 150ml in volume) well with butter. Put the dried fruit in a large bowl and pour over 3 tbsp boiling water, then allow to sit for a few minutes to soak it up.
2. Pulse the remaining pudding ingredients in a food processor a few times, just until the mixture is smooth and fully combined (if you don’t have a food processor, you can do this with electric beaters or a wooden spoon). Scrape the batter into the bowl with the soaked fruit and mix together.
3. Divide between the prepared moulds and place on a baking tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the puddings have risen and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
4. Meanwhile, for the sauce, put the cream and chocolate
in a small saucepan set over a medium-low heat, then stir constantly until melted and smooth.
5. Remove the puddings from the oven and immediately turn them out onto plates. Pour the chocolate sauce over the warm puddings and serve.
The puddings can be frozen for up to 1 month before baking. Freeze uncooked puddings in the moulds, wrapping well in cling film. Remove cling film and bake from frozen at 180°C, gas mark 4 for 35-40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 2 ratings
This recipe was first published in Fri Nov 06 10:47:00 GMT 2015.