A real family favourite that’s on the table in 30 minutes. For a grown up version, swap the stock for red wine.
essential Spaghetti Bolognese
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
700g essential Waitrose British Beef lean mince (typically 10% fat)
1 essential Waitrose Onion, chopped (250g)
1 tsp dried oregano
250g essential Waitrose Cup Mushrooms, sliced
400g can essential Waitrose Chopped Tomatoes
3 tbsp essential Waitrose Tomato Purée
300ml beef stock (from a stock cube)
450g essential Waitrose Spaghetti
essential Waitrose Parmigiano Reggiano, grated (optional)
1. Fry the mince and onion in a large, non-stick saucepan for 5 minutes until browned. Add the oregano, mushrooms, chopped tomatoes and tomato purée.
2. Pour the stock into the pan. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in boiling water for 10 minutes until tender, then drain.
4. Stir the mince into the spaghetti or spoon on top with a little Parmigiano Reggiano, grated.
To see a video of this recipe, visit waitrose.com/bolognese.