Great for kids’ packed lunches or as a treat for afternoon tea with friends, these cookies are quick to make and can be made in advance then filled when needed. Try livening up the flavour with mixed spice or ground cinnamon
Filled oat cookies
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes to 12 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes to 27 minutes
100g Lurpak Unsalted Butter, diced and softened
100g Billington’s Light Brown Soft Sugar
1 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Egg yolk
½ tsp Nielsen-MasseyVanilla Extract
100g self-raising flour
FOR THE FILLING
180g soft cheese
50g Billington’s Golden Icing Sugar
1 tsp Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat the oven to 190oC, gas mark 5. Line 2 baking trays with baking parchment.
2. Whisk the butter and sugar in a large bowl until pale and fluffy. Whisk in the egg yolk and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour and oats until evenly combined. Divide the dough into 16 and roll into balls. Place on the trays, slightly pressing the balls flat.
3. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. Cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack.
4. To make the filling, whisk the cheese, sugar and vanilla paste until smooth. Place in a piping bag with a 1cm nozzle and pipe onto the base of 8 cookies, top with the remaining cookies and chill.