If you like a kick to your curry, add both tablespoons of the Thai curry paste, or just the one if you prefer it mild.
Fragrant Thai Vegetable Curry
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- ½ small butternut squash, about 225g, peeled, deseeded and cut into 4cm cubes
- 200g pack baby corn and mangetout
- 1-2 tbsp Bart Red Thai Curry Paste
- 400ml can coconut milk
- ½ medium cauliflower, about 225g, cut into florets
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp cornflour
- Juice of ½ lime
- ½ tsp Thai fish sauce
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick pan or wok and add the onion, squash and baby corn. Fry over a high heat for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the red Thai curry paste and coconut milk, cover and simmer over a low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower to the pan and return to the boil. Cover and continue to cook for a further 10 minutes, until all the vegetables are just tender.
- Slice the mangetout in half lengthways and add to the pan with the red pepper. Mix the cornflour with 1-2 tablespoons cold water, the lime juice and fish sauce, stir into the pan and return to the boil for 2-3 minutes. Season to taste. Serve in bowls, with Thai fragrant rice and prawn crackers.