Save to your scrapbook
Fried rice with chicken & greens
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
1½ tbsp vegetable oil
4 salad onions, trimmed and finely sliced
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 chicken breast fillets, sliced into 1cm thick strips
200g fine asparagus, cut into 3cm pieces
60g Tenderstem broccoli, thick stems sliced in half lengthways
250g pouch microwaveable long-grain rice
75g frozen peas
1 tbsp Malay Taste Kicap Manis
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan or wok over a high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the prepared salad onions, garlic and chicken. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, until the onions start to soften and the chicken is lightly browned.
2. Add the prepared asparagus and Tenderstem broccoli and continue to stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes.
3. Break up the rice in the packet with your hands and crumble it into the cooking ingredients along with the frozen peas and approximately 3 tbsp of water. (The steam will help to heat through the rice and finish cooking the other ingredients.)
4. Stir-fry everything together for about 2 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through with no pink meat remaining and the rice is thoroughly heated. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the kicap manis and sesame oil.
5. Serve the fried rice with chicken and greens on 2 plates. Garnish with a few sprigs of coriander, if you like.
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating