Combine your favourite mushrooms and serve in a light and creamy garlic and herb sauce on toasted brioche for this delicious starter.
Garlic Mushrooms on Toasted Brioche
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
- 750g mixed mushrooms, such as portabellini, crimini and shiitake
- 75g Lurpak with Crushed Garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Marsala or sherry
- 15g pack fresh tarragon, chopped
- ½ x 200ml tub crème fraîche
- 210g pack Continental Classics 6 Butter Brioche Rolls, halved
- 15g pack fresh chives, snipped
- Clean the mushrooms with a small brush or wipe over with damp kitchen paper. Heat half the butter and oil in a large lidded frying pan, then add the shallots and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes until slightly softened, but not coloured.
- Add the remaining butter and oil plus the mushrooms. Season with a little freshly ground black pepper, cover and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are soft and just cooked.
- Remove the lid and stir in the Marsala and tarragon and cook for 2-3 minutes until the liquid is syrupy. Stir in the crème fraîche and simmer for a further 1-2 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to a medium heat. Lightly toast the brioche then divide between 6 serving plates and spoon the mushroom mixture over the tops. Serve immediately, garnished with the snipped chives.