Prepare: 15 minutes + chilling Cook: 5 minutes
Tea smoked salmon, fresh herbs and a lemon soy dressing
- 4 x 100g packs Heston’s Lapsang Souchong Tea Smoked Salmon
For the lemon soy dressing:
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- juice of 2 lemons about 100ml), finely grated zest of 1
- 1 stick lemongrass
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 50g pack Clearspring Sushi Ginger, drained and chopped
- 2 salad onions, trimmed and finely sliced at an angle
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 tsp fresh mint, leaves picked and washed
- 4 tsp fresh coriander, leaves picked and washed
- 4 tsp fresh dill, picked and washed
1. Remove the salmon from the fridge 20 minutes before serving. Arrange the salmon slices evenly over a large platter or serving plate, leaving about 2cm clear all around the edge.
2. Make the dressing: put the sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, lemongrass and 3 tbsp cold water into a small pan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, allow to cool slightly then place in the fridge. When completely cool, add the olive oil and soy sauce and whisk together thoroughly. Remove the lemongrass and set aside until ready to use.
3. Spoon the dressing over the salmon, scatter over the sliced ginger, salad onions, chilli, mint, coriander and dill and serve immediately.
Average user rating Based on 19 ratings