An interesting side dish ready in just 10 minutes.
Green bean salad with preserved lemons
- ½ dijon mustard
- 1 preserved lemon
- 400g green beans
- 10g basil, leaves only
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Halve the lemon, then cut away the flesh and discard it. Wash the rind in water, then slice it into very fine strips.
- Trim the beans and cook in salted boiling water for 3–4 minutes, until just tender, then refresh in iced water. Put in a serving bowl and add the preserved lemon strips.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients, season and toss with the beans. Set aside for 5 minutes before adding the basil leaves.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 5 minutes
- Total time: 15 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 1 rating
This recipe was first published in Sun Aug 01 01:00:00 BST 2010.