Save to your scrapbook
Grilled pork with butter bean mash
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Thin-cut pork escalopes are perfect for a speedy supper, and the velvety-soft puréed butter beans here make a change from regular mash.
380g pack Waitrose freerange pork escalopes
1 tsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
2 x 400g tins essential Waitrose butter beans, drained
1 red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
4 tbsp chopped fl at leaf parsley
110g Waitrose wild rocket
1. Place the pork escalopes in a large shallow dish. Add the oil, garlic, thyme, lemon zest and half the lemon juice, and massage into the pork. Set aside to marinate for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place the beans in a large pan of boiling water. Bring back to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes until piping hot.
3. Grill the pork escalopes under a high heat for 5 minutes on each side until lightly browned and cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, place the chilli in a food processor and whizz to form a paste. Reserve 5 tbsp cooking water from the pan containing the beans, then drain. Add the beans and reserved water to the food processor and whizz to make a coarse purée. Stir in the parsley and season to taste with the remaining lemon juice.
5. Divide the butter bean smash and grilled pork between 4 plates and serve each with a large handful of rocket leaves.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in Tue Apr 09 08:21:25 BST 2013.