Stilton, everyone's favourite festive cheese, takes centre stage in these moreish tartlets. Serve them at your Christmas drinks party – we’re certain they’ll be a hit.
Ham & Stilton tartlets
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- Total time: 35-40 minutes
Plain flour, for rolling
250g shortcrust pastry
2 medium essential Waitrose British Free Range Eggs
2 tbsp snipped fresh chives
100g Waitrose Wafer Thin British Ham, shredded
100g Cropwell Bishop Blue Stilton, crumbled
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC, gas mark 5. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry thinly then, using an 8cm cutter, stamp out rounds and use to line a 12-hole fairy cake or bun tin.
2. In a bowl, beat together the mascarpone, eggs and chives, then stir in the ham and Stilton. Divide among the pastry cases and bake for 20-25 minutes until set and golden brown.