For the pickled vegetables:
1. Place the peppercorns, coriander seeds and star anise into a pan and toast for a few seconds. Add the salt, water, vinegar and carrots and bring to the boil.
2. Remove from the heat, add the cucumber and allow to cool completely. Any leftover pickles can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
For the Vietnamese salt:
1. Mix the paprika, cayenne pepper, Chinese five spice and ground ginger together, and toast in the oven for a few seconds.
2. Grind the coriander seeds and demerara sugar together in a pestle and mortar. Add the toasted spice mix and the salt, and mix well. This recipe makes more salt than is needed for the pork sandwich; store the leftover Vietnamese salt in an airtight container.
For the pork:
1. Season the pork with a little of the Vietnamese salt. Place on a hot barbecue, turning every 15 to 20 seconds until cooked through. Remove from the barbecue and allow to rest on a cooling rack set over a tray.
2. In the meantime, slice the baguette in half lengthways, and place, cut side down, on the barbecue for a few seconds. Spread the chicken liver parfait on both sides of the baguette.
3. Once rested, thinly slice the pork loin and lay on top of the chicken liver parfait. Add the pickled vegetables on top of the meat and sprinkle with the coriander leaves. Lightly season with a little more Vietnamese salt before serving.