''The Lapsang Souchong Tea Smoked Salmon I have developed with Waitrose is delicious simply served on brown bread and butter with a squeeze of lemon but these canapés are great for a Christmas party. Try stirring a spoonful of horseradish sauce through the mixture for an extra kick.'' Heston
Heston's Smoked salmon terrine blinis
60g essential Waitrose Creamy Soft Cheese
40g Heston from Waitrose Vanilla Mayonnaise
A squeeze of lemon
1 x 100g pack of Heston from Waitrose Lapsang Souchong Tea Smoked Salmon
Pack of 16 Waitrose Cocktail Blinis
Elsinore Salmon Caviar, to garnish
- Beat the cheese with a spatula until creamy then stir in the vanillamayonnaise and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Lay 2 slices of salmon side by side on a parchment-lined tray to forma rectangle measuring approximately 5x10cm. Using a small paletteknife or spatula, spread a thin layer of the mayonnaise and creamcheese mixture on top of the salmon. Lay another 2 slices of salmonon top and spread more mayonnaise and soft cheese on the newlayer. Repeat this process until you have 10 layers of salmon.
- Loosely cover the terrine with clingfilm and place in the freezer for 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove the terrine from the freezer and, using a very sharp knife, trim it into a neat rectangle (dip the knife into hot water to make cutting easier).
- Slice the terrine into 8 even slices. Cut the slices in half and place on the blinis. Garnish with half a teaspoon of caviar.
Copyright © Heston Blumenthal 2010
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 52 ratings
This recipe was first published in Wed Dec 01 00:00:00 GMT 2010.