This recipe uses the authentic regional chilli sauce from Chiu Chow in China. It’s made by blending preserved chillies and garlic with soy bean oil, to produce a warming chilli sauce with a fiery kick. Use this sauce as a dipping side dish, in cooking or stir frying
Hoisin roasted duck with chilli vegetables
340g pack 2 Gressingham Duck Breasts, skin scored
3 tbsp Sharwood’s Hoisin & Spring Onion Stir Fry Sauce
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1-2 tsp Lee Kum Kee Chiu Chow Chilli Oil
1 tbsp vegetable oil
½ x 300g head broccoli, cut into small florets
320g pack Waitrose Asian Fusion Mushroom Stir Fry
2 tbsp soy sauce 1 tbsp clear honey
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
2. Heat a small frying pan and fry the duck, skin side down for 5 minutes until golden, turn over and cook for 30 seconds to seal. Transfer to a small roasting tin and pour over the hoisin sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds, bake for 15 minutes for medium (10 minutes for rare). Allow to rest for a few minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat the oils in a wok or frying pan and fry the broccoli for 3-4 minutes, add the mushroom stir fry and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce and honey and cook for 1 minute.
4. Slice the duck and serve with the chilli vegetables, pouring over the excess duck juices.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 25
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 7 ratings
This recipe was first published in Wed Feb 11 10:14:00 GMT 2015.