Save to your scrapbook
Ian Haste's chorizo and mushroom toasts with sunny side-up eggs
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
"This is great for breakfast, but even better for dinner. The smokiness of the chorizo and the runny eggs are just the perfect combination." - Ian Haste
190g chorizo. finely sliced
150g chestnut mushrooms, cut into quarters
6 cherry tomatoes
2 teaspoons honey
10g chives, finely chopped
2 slices of sourdough, thick cut
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 avocado, peeled, stoned and thinly sliced
15g basil leaves, torn
2 teaspoons balsamic glaze
salt and pepper
1. Add the chorizo and mushrooms to a hot frying pan and cook for around 3 minutes until the chorizo releases oils to cook the mushrooms.
2. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook until soft in the pan, then add a swirl of honey and half the chives. Transfer onto a plate to keep warm.
3. Using the oils from the pan, lightly toast the sourdough and add the remaining chives to the top of the bread.
4. Add a splash of oil to a small frying pan and crack in the eggs, cooking until the whites are firm, but the yolks are runny.
5. To serve, add the toast to two plates, top with the chorizo, tomato and mushroom mixture, sliced avocado, basil and sunny side-up eggs. Drizzle with the balsamic glaze and season with salt and a pinch of pepper.
This recipe was first published in July 2019.