Save to your scrapbook
Joe Wicks: My lovely lasagne
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic
100g asparagus, each cut into three pieces
100g frozen peas
100g frozen broad beans
zest of 1 lemon
50g vegetarian hard cheese, finely grated
salt and pepper
6 lasagne sheets
4 tbsp milk
green salad, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180oC (fan 160oC, gas mark 4). Grab yourself a smallish ovenproof dish.
2. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Crush in the garlic clove and tip in the asparagus. Cook for 2 minutes, then stir in the frozen peas and broad beans. Cook for another minute until the peas and broad beans have thawed.
3. Take the pan off the heat and chuck the greens into a bowl. Mix through the pesto, lemon zest, 100g mascarpone, half the grated cheese and some salt and pepper.
4. Spoon a third of the mix into the ovenproof dish, then top with two sheets of lasagne. Repeat the process until
all the filling and pasta are used up. For the final layer, mix the remaining mascarpone with the milk. Pour this over the top of the pasta sheets and sprinkle over the remaining hard cheese.
5. Bake for 35–40 minutes until the pasta has no resistance when you prick it with a fork. Leave to rest for 5 minutes before diving in. Serve with a green salad.
This recipe was first published in January 2019.