8 lamb cutlets
6 tbsp olive oil
5 tsp aged sherry vinegar
1 tbsp zaatar
2 cloves garlic, crushed
125g pack pomegranate seeds
75g walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
2 tsp pomegranate molasses
½ x 25g pack flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
½ x 25g mint, leaves only, finely chopped
½ x 25g pack basil, finely chopped
2½ tbsp tahini
1 tbsp lemon juice
Lamb cutlets with herb, walnut & pomegranate salsa
8 lamb cutlets
1. Place the lamb into a large shallow dish with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar, zaatar and the garlic. Cover, chill and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes or for up to 2 hours.
2. Mix the remaining oil, vinegar, pomegranate seeds, walnuts, molasses and herbs in a medium bowl then season. In a separate bowl, mix the tahini, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons warm water to make a smooth sauce. Season to taste.
3. Preheat a barbecue or griddle pan until very hot. Cook the lamb for 4-6 minutes on each side.
4. Drizzle the tahini sauce onto a platter or board, top with the lamb and then sprinkle some of the salsa over the top and serve immediately with the remaining salsa on the side. Delicious with new potatoes or crusty bread.
- Preparation time: 10-15 minutes + martinating
- Cooking time: 10 minutes to 14 minutes
- Total time: 20-29 minutes + martinating
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 0 ratings
This recipe was first published in Thu Jun 08 14:07:00 BST 2017.