- 1 of your 5 a day
- Source of iron
Lamb meatballs & tabbouleh
FOR THE MEATBALLS
1 tsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 small onion, very finely chopped
2 x 200g packs essential Waitrose British Lamb Mince
25g pack fresh parsley, chopped
2 tsp Bart Blends Ras El Hanout
100g from a 250g pack Waitrose Love Life Puy Lentils & Quinoa
FOR THE TABBOULEH
250g pack Love Life Quinoa, Chickpeas, Bulgar Wheat & Rice (or Love Life Barley, Wheatberries, Spelt & Rice)
80g pack Waitrose Washed Spinach
2 x 25g packs flat leaf parsley, stalks removed
25g pack mint, stalks removed
110g pack pomegranate seeds
1 bunch salad onions, sliced
Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Pomegranate Molasses
200g tub Waitrose Tzatziki, to serve
1. For the meatballs: preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4. In a frying pan heat the oil, add the garlic and onion and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until the onions have softened. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
2. Tip the cooked onion mixture into a bowl with the minced lamb and remaining meatball ingredients, then mix together. Roll the mixture into 20 evenly sized balls.
3.Place the meatballs on a baking tray that has been lined with baking parchment and cook in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the balls are cooked with no pink meat.
4. While the meatballs are cooking make the tabbouleh. Cook the Love Life grains according to pack instructions, tip into a bowl and allow to cool. Meanwhile, chop the spinach and herbs, and add to the bowl with the pomegranate seeds, salad onions and lemon zest. Mix thoroughly so everything is evenly distributed. Add the pomegranate molasses and lemon juice, and pour over the salad.
5. Serve the salad with the meatballs and a spoonful of tzatziki
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- Total time: 30-35 minutes
Typical values per serving:
3.3mg iron per serving (without tzatziki)
Average user rating Based on 2 ratings
This recipe was first published in Tue Sep 08 12:14:00 BST 2015.