The green peppers in this recipe are a wonderful contrast to the sweetness of the mango. A satisfying dish, it takes 10 minutes to cook.
Lamb Burgers with Mango Salsa
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
- 500g pack ground lamb
- 3 salad onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ x 20g pack fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp mild and light olive oil
- 1 medium mango, skinned and chopped
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 4 pitta breads
- Tip the lamb into a large bowl. Finely chop the salad onions, reserving the green parts. Add the chopped white part of the salad onions to the lamb with the garlic, coriander and a little seasoning. Mix well until combined evenly. Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape each into a flat cake.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and gently fry the burgers for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa. Halve the mango and remove the stone. Cut away the skin and chop the flesh into small pieces. In a bowl, mix the mango with the lime zest and juice, green pepper, sugar and the reserved green part of the onion.
- Warm the pitta breads, either in a toaster, under the grill or in the oven. Serve with the burgers and salsa.