Waitrose British Diced Lamb is produced from lamb reared to high standards of welfare and hygiene. It is the perfect ingredient for kebabs, tagines, casseroles and stir fries.
Lamb Skewers with Tabbouleh
- Preparation time: 10 minutes, plus 30 minutes marinating time
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 55 minutes
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp chopped fresh oregano
- 340g pack Waitrose British Lamb Leg Diced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into 16 chunks
- 1 medium-sized organic fennel bulb (approximately 225g), trimmed and cut into 8 wedges
- The tabbouleh:
- 100g Waitrose Bulghur Wheat, cooked according to instructions
- 1 small red onion, very finely sliced
- 100g black olives, such as kalamata
- 100g Cypressa Greek Feta Cheese, roughly crumbled
- 1 pack Waitrose Fresh Parsley, roughly chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix together the lemon juice, 3 tbsp oil, garlic and oregano. Add the lamb, pepper and fennel, cover and set aside in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Make the tabbouleh by combining all the ingredients and the remaining oil in a bowl and mix well. Taste and season if necessary. Cover and chill.
- Preheat the grill to high. Thread the marinated lamb and vegetables equally onto 8 medium-length metal skewers (or bamboo skewers pre-soaked in water). Place under the grill for about 15 minutes or until cooked, basting occasionally with the remaining marinade and turning once.
- Serve 2 kebabs per person on a base of tabbouleh, garnished with the lemon.