A hearty meal in a bowl, ready in minutes.
Leek and smoked haddock soup
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
- 20g butter
- 2 leeks, well washed, cut into rings
- 400g potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 450g smoked haddock
- 400ml whole milk
- 600ml chicken or fish stock
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Melt the butter in a large pan and add the leeks and potato. Cook them for a few minutes until they are well covered in butter. Add a splash of water, then cover and sweat the vegetables over a medium heat for about 10 minutes, until they are soft.
- At the same time, put the haddock in a pan and cover with the milk. Bring to the boil, then turn down immediately and allow the fish to poach gently for about 5 minutes. Lift the haddock from the pan with a fish slice and, when the fish is cool enough to handle, remove the skin and fl ake the flesh.
- Add the stock, poaching milk and flaked haddock to the potato and leeks. Season and heat through. Serve with the parsley scattered on top.