Crisp lamb parcels flavoured with mint, cinnamon and sweet pepper, make perfect finger food for parties or for a light lunch. They can be prepared an hour or so in advance and covered with cling film, then baked at the last minute. Serve warm with spicy Waitrose Salsa Relish.
Minted Lamb Parcels
- 500g Waitrose Ground Farmhouse Lamb
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp mint, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- A few sheets of filo pastry
- 25g butter, melted
- Heat a frying pan until hot, add the lamb and fry without any oil for 1-2 minutes. Add the cinnamon, cayenne pepper, paprika, mint, salt and pepper. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, for about 8-10 minutes or until the juices run clear and there is no pink meat.
- Cut the filo pastry into rectangles approximately 18cm x 13cm. Place a little of the mixture along the long edge of the pastry, leaving a margin on either side. Roll it up like a cigar, tucking in the sides.
- Brush each parcel with melted butter, place on a baking tray in a preheated oven at 220°C, gas mark 7, for 15 minutes or until crisp and golden. Serve while still warm with Waitrose Salsa Relish.
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 55 minutes
Makes: 18 - 20
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 0 ratings
This recipe was first published in Mon Sep 01 01:00:00 BST 1997.