Save to your scrapbook
MOB Kitchen's loaded BBQ sweet potatoes with tahini
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
"A great summer dish – the sweet potatoes cook perfectly in the coals of the bbq. The tahini dressing is so creamy, you won’t believe its vegan." - MOB Kitchen
4 sweet potatoes
300 g (10½ oz) quinoa
200 g (7 oz) kale
chipotle chilli paste
flaked (slivered) almonds
salt and pepper
1. Set up the BBQ and fire up the BBQ coals.
2. Wash 4 sweet potatoes, rub with a little olive oil and salt, then double wrap in tin foil. When the coals are glowing red, put the wrapped potatoes directly on top of them for 15 minutes, turn, and cook for another 15 minutes.
3. While these are cooking, put a pot of water on to boil. When bubbling, add the quinoa. Cook for 15 minutes.
4. De-stem the kale leaves and thinly chop. Add to a large bowl, add some olive oil and massage the leaves for a minute (it makes them more tender).
5. Add the juice of a lemon, 2 tablespoons of tahini, a generous tablespoon of honey and 2 tablespoons of chipotle paste into the bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then mix thoroughly.
6. Remove a potato and check if it’s cooked thoroughly. Take the quinoa off the heat, drain and toss with your kale and tahini. Split the potatoes open and layer with dressed quinoa and then kale on top.
7. Quickly toast the flaked almonds in a frying pan (skillet), then top the potatoes with them. Shake a handful of pomegranate seeds on top. Enjoy!
This recipe was first published in July 2019.