Save to your scrapbook
Molten Camembert mummy with crudités and cranberry sauce
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
3 x 250g packs baking Camembert
270g pack Jus’ Rol Filo Pastry Sheets
40g butter, melted
3 pitted black olives, halved horizontally
1 Essential Little Gem Lettuce, leaves separated
½ x 500g pack Chantenay carrots, washed, trimmed and halved
200g pack Essential Radishes, some halved
250g celery, sticks trimmed and cut into thirds
150g pack baby sweet peppers, trimmed, halved and deseeded
305g jar Essential cranberry sauce
120g pack Crosta & Mollica Torinesi grissini (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
2. Place 1 Camembert in the middle of a pastry sheet, then wrap the sheet around the cheese, leaving the top exposed. Brush the pastry with the butter, tucking any remaining pastry underneath.
3. Roll up a second pastry sheet and cut into ribbons. Carefully lay the ribbons over the cheese to look like bandages, tucking the ends beneath and brushing with butter as you go. When ½ the ribbons have been used, add 2 olive circles as eyes. Continue to wrap the ribbon pastry over the cheese, so it looks like it’s peeking out from the bandages.
4. Run the last 4 pastry ribbons around the edge of the cheese, brushing with butter as you go. This helps secure loose strands and gives the hot cheese structure. Put onto the prepared baking tray and into the fridge. Repeat with the remaining cheeses and pastry, then chill all the mummies for 5 minutes more. Bake for 20 minutes, until golden and crisp.
5. Meanwhile, prepare and arrange the crudités on 3 plates, with an empty circle in the middle of each. Warm the cranberry sauce and serve alongside. Once the cheese is ready, cut a wide smile in each mummy’s face to reveal the melted cheese. Serve with the warmed cranberry, crudités and grissini (if using).
Typical values per serving:
Per serving with breadsticks
This recipe was first published in Fri Oct 01 17:05:49 BST 2021.