Greet your grown-up guests with this warming autumnal wine cup.
Mulled White Wine
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes, plus infusing
- Total time: 20 minutes, plus infusing
- 2 x 75cl bottle medium white wine, such as a Riesling or Chardonnay
- 4 sticks Cooks’ Ingredients Cinnamon Sticks, each broken into 4
- 20 cloves
- 4-6 strips of orange zest, pared using a potato peeler
- 4-6 strips of lemon zest, pared using a potato peeler
- 4-6 tbsp light brown muscavado sugar
- Pour the wine into a saucepan with the cinnamon and cloves and orange and lemon zest.
- Heat gently over a low heat for about 15 minutes, but don’t allow the wine to boil. Remove from the heat and leave to infuse for about 30 minutes, then add the sugar to taste. Gently reheat, strain and serve very hot in heatproof glasses.