Crunchy homemade granola takes a little bit of effort to put together but once you’ve made it, breakfast is a simple 5-minute assembly job – and a bowl of this will help you get through to lunchtime without snacking.
Oaty coconut granola with yogurt & raspberries
300g Waitrose Duchy Organic Jumbo Rolled Oats
120g Love Life Mixed Seeds
60g flaked almonds
60g desiccated coconut
2 tbsp The Waitrose Farm Leckford Estate Rapeseed Oil
100ml Waitrose 1 Canadian Maple Syrup Amber
2 tbsp clear honey
3 tbsp apple juice
1. Preheat the oven to 150ºC, gas mark 2. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Stir together the oats, seeds, almonds and coconut.
2. Gently heat together the rapeseed oil, maple syrup, honey and apple juice into a small saucepan. Pour over the oat and seed mixture and stir until evenly combined.
3. Divide the mixture between the prepared baking trays and bake for 30 minutes, stirring once or twice, until the mixture is golden brown. Leave the granola to cool completely on the trays, then transfer to an airtight container or tin.
4. To serve, layer the yogurt, bananas, raspberries and 200g granola in 4 serving glasses or bowls.
The granola can be kept in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 + cooling
- Total time: 40 minutes + cooling
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 19 ratings
This recipe was first published in Wed Dec 21 11:17:16 GMT 2016.