- 400g Waitrose Orecchiette dried pasta
- 300g broccoli crown, cut into small florets
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 100g fresh breadcrumbs (or use Waitrose Cooks' Ingredients Breadcrumbs)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 20g pack fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 x 50g tins Waitrose Anchovy Fillets in Olive Oil
- 1 Waitrose Cooks' Ingredients Dried Kashmiri Chilli, crumbled
- Juice of 2 lemons
Orecchiette Pasta with Anchovies and Pangrattato
- Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling unsalted water according to pack instructions. Add the broccoli 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time. Drain, return to the pan and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, make the pangrattato. Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large frying pan then add the breadcrumbs, half the garlic and half the parsley. Cook for 2-3 minutes on a medium heat until crisp and golden. Season with freshly ground black pepper then tip onto a plate and wipe out the pan.
- Drain the anchovies and place 1 tablespoon of the anchovy oil from the tin, plus the remaining olive oil, in the pangrattato pan. Add the remaining garlic, cook for 1 minute, then add the anchovy fillets. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the anchovies begin to soften and cook down. Add the chilli and remaining parsley then stir in the lemon juice. Tip over the drained pasta and broccoli, and mix well.
- Divide the pasta mixture between 4 bowls, sprinkle with the crispy pangrattato and serve immediately with a rocket salad.
You can make the pangrattato a day or two in advance, cool, then store in an airtight container. Give the dish extra heat by adding more chilli.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 6 ratings
This recipe was first published in Wed Mar 01 00:00:00 GMT 2006.