1 tbsp olive oil
12 Waitrose Duchy Organic Boneless Chicken Thigh Fillets, cut into chunks
50g Waitrose Duchy Organic Butter
2 Waitrose Duchy Organic Leeks, sliced
250g pack Waitrose Duchy Organic Chestnut Mushrooms, quartered
1 tsp dried tarragon
50g Waitrose Duchy Organic Plain Flour, plus extra for rolling
150ml organic dry white wine
350ml Waitrose Duchy Organic Whole Milk
500g pack puff pastry
1 Waitrose Duchy Organic Medium Free Range Egg, lightly beaten
Organic chicken, leek & mushroom puff pie
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Warm the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes in batches. Remove and set aside.
2. Add the butter, leeks, mushrooms and tarragon to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Add the flour and stir for 1 minute. Add the wine gradually, then slowly stir in the milk. Cook for 3 minutes or until thickened then season. Remove from the heat and stir the chicken and any juices into the sauce. Leave to cool. Spoon into a 1.5-litre lipped pie dish.
3. Roll out the pastry on a floured surface until just larger than the dish then trim the edge with a knife. Brush the edge of the dish with egg and stick on the pastry off-cuts. Brush with more egg then lay the pastry sheet over the dish and press the edges together. Trim the edge again and make 2 small holes in the centre for steam to escape then brush all over with egg.
4. Bake for 35-40 minutes until piping hot. Delicious with seasonal salad or vegetables.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 45 minutes to 55 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 10 ratings