Save to your scrapbook
Organic chipolatas with autumn mash and onion gravy
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Comfort food at its very best, British pork sausages, caramelised onions, fabulous mash and tasty gravy make this a delicious autumnal supper.
3 parsnips, peeled and cubed
3 carrots, peeled and diced
1 large Bramley apple, peeled and cubed
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, thinly sliced
9 Duchy Originals From Waitrose Organic Free Range British Pork Chipolatas
1 tbsp clear honey
400g Duchy Originals Organic Fresh Beef Gravy
1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 tbsp essential Waitrose British Half Fat Crème Fraîche Steamed green vegetables, to serve
1. Cook the parsnips and carrots in a large pan of boiling water for 10 minutes then add the apple and cook for a further 5 minutes until all are tender.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onions and sausages for 10 minutes until golden brown and the chipolatas are cooked through. Drizzle over the honey and cook for a further
2. minutes then lift the sausages onto a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
3. Add the gravy and Worcestershire Sauce to the onion pan and simmer together for 2–3 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, drain the vegetables and apple and mash roughly. Beat in the crème fraîche then divide between 4 plates. Serve with the sausages, onion gravy and steamed greens.
Dip your spoon in boiling water before scooping out the honey. This helps warm it up and makes the honey easier to drizzle.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in August 2014.