These homemade patties are easy to make and you can choose exactly what goes into them - they taste great served with sweet potato mash.
Organic Pork Patties with Creamy Olive Sauce
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 50 minutes
- 1kg organic sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 500g pack organic ground pork
- 2 small organic onions, finely chopped
- 2 rashers Duchy Originals Organic Dry Cured Back Bacon, finely chopped
- 1 organic apple, peeled, cored and grated
- 4 tbsp organic olive oil
- 200ml tub half fat organic crème fraîche
- 75g organic green or organic black olives, pitted and finely chopped
- Cook the sweet potatoes in boiling water for 15 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, place the ground pork in a bowl with half the chopped onions and all the bacon and grated apple. Season and mix together until the ingredients are evenly combined (this is easiest done with your hands). Shape into 8 small balls and flatten into burger shaped patties.
- Drain the sweet potatoes, return to the pan and mash until smooth. Beat in half of the olive oil and plenty of black pepper. Keep warm.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and gently fry the patties for 5-6 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through. Drain, then transfer to a plate and keep warm. Fry the remaining chopped onion in the pan for 2-3 minutes until softened, adding a little more oil if necessary. Stir in 100ml cold water, scraping up the pan juices. Then add the crème fraîche and chopped olives and season to taste. Heat through gently and serve with the patties and sweet potato mash.