It’s worth browning off the cooked gnocchi, as the crisp texture turns this dish into something special.
Pan-fried gnocchi with broccoli, hazelnuts and garlic
4 tbsp essential Waitrose olive oil
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 red chilli, thinly sliced
200g essential Waitrose cherry tomatoes, halved
220g Tenderstem broccoli
500g essential Waitrose potato gnocchi
2 tbsp hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
1 essential Waitrose lemon, zest
4 tbsp shaved gran moravia vegetarian cheese (or parmigiano reggiano)
1. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large frying pan and gently sauté the garlic and chilli until golden – about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, then remove from the heat and set aside.
2. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the broccoli and simmer for 1 minute, then scoop out, rinse in cold water, drain and roughly chop. Add the broccoli to the tomatoes.
3. Place the gnocchi in the boiling water; when they float to the top, after 2-3 minutes, scoop them out, then dry on kitchen paper. Reserve a cupful of the cooking water.
4. Heat a second frying pan with 1 tbsp oil. Add the gnocchi and fry for 5 minutes, until golden on both sides. Reheat the sauce, add the gnocchi and gently mix together with the remaining 1 tbsp oil and a splash of the reserved cooking water. Sprinkle with the hazelnuts, lemon zest and cheese to serve.
This recipe first appeared in Waitrose Food, January 2017 issue. Download the Waitose Food app for the full issue
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 7 ratings
This recipe was first published in Sun Jan 01 15:00:00 GMT 2017.