Passion fruit & mango knickerbocker glory
For the jelly
2 sheets Costa Leaf Gelatine
5 passion fruit
80-100ml mango juice
For the topping
2 ripe mangoes, peeled, stoned and diced
2 passion fruit
1 kiwi fruit, peeled and thickly sliced
300ml double cream
1 tbsp icing sugar
1 vanilla pod, split lengthways and seeds scraped
250ml Waitrose Seriously Creamy Madagascan Vanilla Ice Cream
4 wafer biscuits
1. For the jelly, put the gelatine sheets into a bowl of cold water and leave to stand for 10 minutes. Halve the passion fruit and scoop the seeds into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse briefly to loosen the seeds then pass through a sieve into a measuring jug (discard the seeds). Add enough mango juice to top up the passion fruit juice to 200ml.
2. Pour half of this juice into a small pan and heat gently. Squeeze the excess moisture from the gelatine, add to the pan and stir until dissolved. Remove from the heat and pour back into the jug. Divide the mixture between 4 sundae glasses and refrigerate for 1 hour until set.
3. Meanwhile, make the topping. Place the diced mango and sliced kiwi fruit in a bowl and add the pulp from the passion fruit. In a separate bowl, whip the cream with the icing sugar and vanilla seeds to form soft peaks.
4. To assemble, top the jelly with a small scoop of ice cream and a spoonful of mango and passion fruit and slices of kiwi. Add a spoonful of cream then repeat with a second layer, finishing with a final spoonful or swirl of cream and a wafer.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes, plus setting
- Cooking time: 5 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes, plus setting
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 15 ratings
This recipe was first published in Tue Mar 04 14:39:23 GMT 2014.