Easy no-cook pud, ready in 20 minutes.
Passion Fruit and Orange Mess - 2009
- 4 large oranges
- 6 passion fruit
- 150 ml double cream
- 3 tbsp icing sugar, sifted
- 300g Greek yogurt
- 75 ml cointreau
- 8 waitrose meringue nests
- Cut away the skin from the oranges. Working over a bowl to catch the juice, cut the segments from between the mebranes. Roughly chop the segments and put in a separate bowl. (Use the leftover juice as a refreshing tipple.)
- Halve, then scoop the pulp from 4 of the passion fruit and mix with the orange segments.
- Whip the double cream with the icing sugar until it begins to thicken. Beat in the yogurt and Cointreau. Break the meringue into small pieces and put in a large bowl. Add the cream mixture and scatter with the fruit. Gently fold the ingredients together until mixed. Spoon into glasses. Halve and scoop the pulp from the 2 remaining passion fruit and use as topping. Chill for up to 1 hour before serving.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 7 ratings
This recipe was first published in Sun Feb 01 00:00:00 GMT 2009.