Peaches work really well in savoury recipes and these quick and easy cheese tartlets are no exception.
Peach, cheese and basil tarts
- Preparation time: 15 minutes, plus standing time
- Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
- Total time: 40-45 minutes
Butter, for greasing
215g sheet Cooks' Ingredients Shortcrust Pastry Sheets
75g Caerphilly, grated
2 white or yellow peaches
3 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Eggs
6 tbsp single cream
25g pack fresh basil, leaves shredded
4 tsp grated Parmigiano Reggiano
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Place a baking tray into the oven to heat up. Grease the insides of 4 x 10cm fluted tart tins with butter. Use the pastry to line the tins, pushing it right into the corners and re-rolling if necessary. Push a rolling pin over the tops to trim any excess and prick the bases with a fork.
2. Divide the Caerphilly between the tart cases. Cut around each peach, twist to separate the halves and remove the stones. Place a peach half, cut-side up, in each case.
3. Place the eggs, cream, basil, Parmigiano and some seasoning into a jug and whisk to combine. Pour into the tart cases.
4. Place the tarts onto the hot baking tray and cook for 25-30 minutes or until risen and golden. Cook for at least 5 minutes before carefully lifting out of the tins. Serve with salad leaves dressed with aged balsamic vinegar.