You can prepare all but the peaches an hour or two in advance. If the day is hot, return the undressed leaves to the fridge.
Peach, Red Onion and Feta Salad
- ½ tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 plump cos lettuce hearts
- Generous handful mint leaves
- Generous handful coriander leaves
- 1 red onion, finely sliced into rings
- 1 ridge cucumber, peeled, halved and sliced
- 200g Feta cheese
- 6 ripe peaches
- To make the dressing, whisk together the lime, lemon and orange juice in a small bowl with the olive oil and seasoning. Set aside.
- Separate the lettuce leaves, discarding the tough outer leaves. Wash and gently dry the remaining leaves. Rip the larger ones in half and place all the leaves in a large bowl with the mint, coriander, onion rings and sliced cucumber. Crumble the Feta into chunks and add to the leaves. Cover and set aside.
- When you're ready to serve, quarter and stone the peaches. Cut each quarter into fine slices and add to the salad. Re-whisk the dressing, pour over the salad and mix thoroughly. Serve immediately.
- Preparation time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
Average user rating Based on 1 rating
This recipe was first published in Tue Jul 01 01:00:00 BST 2003.