2 essential Waitrose eggs per method
Perfect eggs 3 ways
1. Carefully place 2 medium eggs into a saucepan of cold water using a slotted spoon, and bring to the boil.
2. As soon as the water boils, turn off the heat and leave for 3 minutes. Remove from the water and serve straight away.
1. Fill a wide shallow pan with water and bring to a gentle simmer.
2. Gently crack a very fresh egg into a ramekin. Carefully lower the ramekin into the water and hold for a few seconds before tipping into the water. This means the egg white begins to set before it has the chance to disperse around the pan.
3. Cook for 3 minutes, until the whites are set but the yolk is still runny.
4. Remove the eggs using a slotted spoon to drain the water.
1. Heat 1-2 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick frying pan until very hot.
2. Add the egg and cook for about 2 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. Whilst it's cooking, scoop the oil from the pan and use to baste the egg. Once the egg white is cooked, stop basting to ensure the yolk doesn't become overcooked.