Once ripe, plums will keep longer if stored in the fridge, but they taste their best when eaten at room temperature. A good source of potassium and fibre, they also contain the antioxidant vitamin E, which protects your body tissues andcells from damage. Two plums count as 1 of your 5 a day.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes, plus chilling
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes, plus chilling
500g plums, halved and stoned
1 cinnamon stick, halved
50g agave nectar
500g Waitrose natural fat-free fromage frais
1. Place the plums in a pan with the cinnamon stick and 1 tbsp water. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until very soft.
2. Leave to cool, then discard the cinnamon stick. Transfer to a large bowl and, using a handheld blender, whizz the mixture to make a thick purée.
3. Stir in the agave nectar, then ripple the fromage frais through the plum purée. Chill in the fridge until ready to eat.Spoon into small bowls or glasses to serve.