- 350g essential Waitrose Pork Fillet
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 essential Waitrose Whole Sweetcorn
- Finely grated zest and juice of ½ an orange
- 1 essential Waitrose Tomato, diced
- 1 salad onion, trimmed and finely sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
Pork Fillet with Corn and Tomato Salsa
- Cut the pork on the diagonal into 12 even slices. Warm a griddle pan or non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Spoon the oil onto a plate and mix in the paprika. Roll the corn and the pork slices in the flavoured oil until both are evenly coated.
- Cook the corn on the griddle (or in a frying pan) for about 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally, until tender and beginning to char. Remove from the griddle and set aside. Add the pork to the hot griddle and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until golden and there is no more pink meat. Pour the orange juice into the pan and remove from the heat.
- When the corn is cool enough to handle, stand one of the cobs on its end in a shallow bowl. Run a sharp knife from top to bottom around the central core to release the kernels. Discard the core. Repeat with the other cob.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, coriander, and orange zest to the corn. Mix well and season to taste. Divide the pork and any pan juices between 4 warmed plates and serve with the salsa on the side. Great with buttered new potatoes or warm flour tortillas.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 16 minutes to 18 minutes
- Total time: 26 minutes to 28 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 4 ratings
This recipe was first published in Mon Jun 01 01:00:00 BST 2009.