Save to your scrapbook
Prawn & vegetable bao
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
1 x School Of Wok Bao Bun Kit Barbecue (selected stores)
75g Trimmed Mange Tout Peas, sliced into 1cm diagonal pieces
180g pack raw extra large king prawns
2cm piece Cooks’ Ingredients Fresh Ginger, peeled and grated
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
235g pack pak choi, shredded
1. Make the bun dough according to the pack instructions and set aside
for 10 minutes.
2. Halve the cucumber and remove the seeds with a teaspoon, then cut into thin batons. Mix in the pickling salts from the kit and 40ml water and set aside.
3. Mix the mange tout, prawns and ginger together in a bowl and stir in the dry rub sachet. Mix the glaze sachet with 140ml water.
4. Divide the dough into 4 and roll into smooth balls. Roll each out, using the reserved dough flour, into ovals around 3mm thick. Brush
with a little oil and fold over. Cook the buns according to the pack instructions.
5. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the prawn mixture for 3-4 minutes, add the pak choi and the reserved glaze, and cook for 2 minutes. Fill the buns with the prawn mixture and serve with the drained pickled cucumber.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in January 2019.