This bruschetta combines a garlicky prawn and crushed bean topping with a hint of chilli oil. A quick and easy recipe for a starter or light supper.
Prawn and Bean Bruschetta with Chilli Oil
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
- 8 medium slices olive or plain ciabatta bread
- 410g can cannellini beans
- 3 tbsp Waitrose Chilli Infused Olive Oil
- 2 x 200g pack frozen Waitrose Ready To Cook King Prawns
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Lightly toast the bread on both sides. Drain the beans, reserving 5 tablespoons of their juice.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of chilli oil in a frying pan and fry the prawns for 5-6 minutes until pink right through. When ready, remove the prawns with a slotted spoon, place them on a plate and keep warm.
- Add the beans and reserved liquid to the pan and crush with a fork or potato masher so they are broken up, but not completely puréed. Stir in another tablespoon of chilli oil, the lemon juice, garlic, half the parsley and a little seasoning. Heat through for 1 minute, stirring.
- Serve the toast drizzled with the remaining chilli oil and topped with the beans and prawns. Sprinkle with the remaining parsley to garnish.