- 200g cooked, peeled North Atlantic prawns
- 115g very soft unsalted butter
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- A pinch of mace
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 60g watercress, washed
- 12 slices of white bread
Prawn and Watercress Sandwiches
- Pat the prawns dry then finely chop. Beat together the butter, lemon juice, mace and some pepper. Then beat in the prawns and adjust the seasoning.
- Discard the tougher watercress stalks. Spread half the bread with the butter. Cover with watercress and top with the remaining bread. Slice away the crusts and cut to shape.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
Makes: 6 rounds of sandwiches
Average user rating Based on 0 ratings
This recipe was first published in Wed Aug 01 01:00:00 BST 2001.