Prepare: 15 minutes Cook: 10 minutes
Prawn & pineapple stir-fry
- 235g pack essential Waitrose Raw King Prawns, thawed
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 3cm piece fresh root ginger, shredded
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Juice of ½ - 1 lemon
- ½ pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 235g pack Waitrose Green Pak Choi, thickly sliced
- 2 salad onions, thinly sliced
- Rice or noodles, cooked, to serve
1. Rinse the prawns and pat dry with kitchen paper. Place in a bowl with 1 tsp of the oil, the ginger and chilli and toss well together.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce and sugar then add the lemon juice a little at a time, tasting for your preferred level of sourness. Set aside.
Heat a large non-stick wok and, when hot, stir-fry the prawns for 2–4 minutes until pink and cooked through. Tip into a bowl and return the wok to the heat.
3. Add the remaining oil to the wok and cook the pineapple for 2 minutes, then add the pakchoi and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes until the leaves wilt and the pineapple is piping hot.
4. Stir the sauce, prawns and salad onions into the wok and cook for a moment or two until well mixed. Serve swiftly, with rice or noodles.
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 17 ratings