The gremolata gives this pizza a fresh and summery feel, ideal for a main course or cut into smaller squares for picnics and parties. You could also try using other Italian meats, such as salami or Parma ham.
Prosciutto pizza with gremolata
500g pack ciabatta bread mix
190g jar Sacla’ Intenso Stir In Tomato & Olive Sauce
3 tomatoes, sliced
2 Waitrose Large Flat Mushrooms, peeled and sliced
50g Waitrose Castelvetrano Olives, pitted and roughly chopped
125g grated mozzarella
80g pack Italian prosciutto crudo
FOR THE GREMOLATA
25g pack parsley
3 tbsp Felippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Juice of ½ lemon
1 clove garlic
2 tsp capers, drained
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7. Make the ciabatta bread according to the pack instructions and roll out into 28x37cm rectangle. Place on a large baking tray.
2. Spread with the sauce and add the tomatoes, then the mushrooms and olives. Sprinkle over half the mozzarella. Tear the prosciutto and lay it on the pizza. Sprinkle over the remaining mozzarella and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
3. Meanwhile, place the gremolata ingredients in a small food processor and blitz. Drizzle over the hot pizza and serve.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes + proving time
- Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- Total time: 35-40 minutes + proving time
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 0 ratings
This recipe was first published in Tue Aug 11 13:04:00 BST 2015.