- 25g fresh root ginger, peeled, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 red chillies, deseeded
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 400g tomatoes, peeled, chopped
- 200g caster sugar
- 75ml sherry vinegar
Rachel Allen's Sweet chilli jam
- Put the ginger, garlic, chillies and fish sauce in a blender and whiz to a purée.
- Put the purée in a saucepan with the tomatoes, sugar and vinegar and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring regularly, for 20–25 minutes or until it’s a thick, jam-like consistency.
- Put it in a sterilised jar, cover with a lid and allow to cool; or, if serving with the thai chicken cakes, pour straight into a bowl to cool. Serve with Rachel Allen's Thai chicken cakes.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 7 ratings
This recipe was first published in Mon Nov 01 00:00:00 GMT 2010.